- Place du Chêne rouge: exhibitions and bird-of-prey demonstrations
- In the gardens of the Hôtel de Ville: activities for young audiences and families (archery and craft village).
- In front of the Musée des Beaux-Arts: a medieval market and food court, as well as an encampment of medieval knights in the Square Verdrel.
- In the allée Eugène Delacroix: entertainment areas for children
- In the Notre-Dame Cathedral district: regional artisans, fun activities and a large medieval and craft market in the surrounding streets.
- In the Vieux-Marché and Place de la Pucelle districts: demonstrations of medieval skills, with workshops open to the public.
- In rue Saint-Sever, on May 19 and 20: strolling dances, shows, musical entertainment and children’s activities.
The medieval activities on offer during this highlight of the Joan of Arc Festival will be open and accessible to all. From May 17 to 21, Rouen Tourisme is spoiling you! Enter to win a stay in Rouen for two. To enter, visit our Instagram page.
If you’d like to immerse yourself further in the spirit of the Middle Ages, we’ve organized a number of concerts in atypical locations: On May 18 and 19, Ensemble Vagarem, enjoy sacred notes and polyphonic a capella chants in the Church of Saint-Godard. May 18, 3pm… Solve Jeanne’s secrets in an Urban Escape Game. When the city becomes your investigative playground… Equipped with mysterious boxes, follow the scenario and reach the various enigma centers, between the Cathedral and the Place du Vieux-Marché.In many ways, Joan of Arc remains a mystery, a legend. Today, a major discovery has turned everything upside down: we’ve rediscovered the traces and fragments of her diary. Cryptic texts, enigmas, double-meaning messages – the mystery remains complete! What occult secrets was she the guardian of? With family or friends, suspense and laughter are guaranteed! On May 19, Luc Arbogast, revealed by the TV show The Voice, will perform a hymn to Joan of Arc in theAbbey of Saint-Ouen. Get your tickets now!
9:30am: If you’re in the mood to tread the cobblestones in short strides and enjoy the early morning calm of Rouen, sign up for Footing Culturel! Give your general knowledge a new lease of life, as you immerse yourself in this fabulous medieval epic of myth and reality.Follow in the footsteps of Joan of Arc and her saints, friends, enemies and the people of Rouen at the heart of the Hundred Years’ War. 3pm: In the footsteps of Joan of Arc, follow the memory of La Pucelle through the streets of Rouen. Follow Joan of Arc’s path from the dungeon where she was interrogated, to the archiepiscopal palace where her trial took place her trial to the Place du Vieux Marché, where she was tortured in 1431, and feel the presence of this mythical heroine. 5:30pm: Vikings, beers and legends Accompanied by a guide, follow in the footsteps of the Vikings from the quays of the Seine to the city center. Then sample Viking-inspired Norman beers in the sumptuous setting of the Eglise-Brasserie Saint-Nicaise. From 8.30pm: the Grande Parade des Troupes From the rue Jeanne d’Arc to the Jardins de l’Hôtel de Ville, enjoy a semi-nightly parade. In costume, with family or friends, follow the troubadours and musical troupes in a festive, medieval spirit.