- On the Place du Chêne rouge: exhibitions and raptor demonstrations
- In the gardens of the Hôtel de Ville: animations for young audiences and families (archery and craft village)
- In front of the Musée des Beaux-Arts : a medieval market and food court, as well as a medieval knights’ camp in Verdrel Square
- In Eugène Delacroix Alley: entertainment areas for children
- In the Notre-Dame Cathedral: regional artisans, fun activities and a large medieval and craft market in the surrounding streets
- In the Vieux-Marché and Place de la Pucelle: demonstrations of medieval skills with proposed workshops open to the public
- In Rue Saint-Sever, May 19 and 20: dance strolls, shows and musical and children’s animations
The medieval animations proposed during this highlight of the Joan of Arc Festivals will be open and accessible to all.
From May 17 to 21, Rouen Tourism is spoiling you!
Try to win a Rouen stay for two. To enter, visit our Instagram page.
Eager to get more into the medieval spirit? Concerts in atypical venues are being organized:
On May 18 and 19, The Vagarem Ensemble, enjoy sacred notes and polyphonic a cappella singing within the Saint-Godard Church.
On May 18, at 3 p.m…. Solve Joan’s secrets during a Urban Escape Game.
When the city becomes your investigative playground… Equipped with mysterious boxes, follow the scenario and join the different enigma poles, between the Cathedral and the Place du Vieux-Marché. Joan of Arc remains in many ways a mystery, a legend. Today, a great discovery has turned everything upside down: we have found the trace and fragments of her diary. Cryptic texts, enigmas, messages with double meanings, the mystery remains! What occult secrets was she the guardian of?
With family or friends, suspense and laughter are guaranteed!!
Hurry up and grab your tickets!
9:30am: Want to tread the cobblestones in short strides and enjoy the morning calm of the city of Rouen? Sign up for the Cultural Footing!
Give your general culture a new lease of life, between myth and reality, dive into this fabulous medieval epic mixing historical events and anecdotes… Set off in the footsteps of Joan of Arc and her saints, friends, enemies and the people of Rouen at the heart of the Hundred Years’ War.
3:00 pm: In the footsteps of Joan of Arc, rediscover the memory of the Maid of Arc in the streets of Rouen.
Take the path traveled by Joan of Arc from the dungeon where she was interrogated, to the archiepiscopal palace where her trial took place to the Place du Vieux Marché, the place of her torture in 1431, and feel the presence of this heroine who became a myth.
5:30 pm: Vikings, beers and legends
Accompanied by a guide, set off in the footsteps of the Vikings from the banks of the Seine to the city center. Then taste Norman beers of Viking inspiration in the sumptuous setting of the Saint-Nicaise Church-Brewery.
From 8:30 pm: the Grand Parade of the Troops
Starting from the Rue Jeanne d’Arc and going to the Gardens of the City Hall, enjoy a semi-natural parade. In costumes, with family or friends, follow the troubadours, the musical troops in a festive and medieval spirit.